Tuesday, September 16, 2014

A letter from Grandad

Dear Rosella,
 
This will be my first of what will hopefully be many letters to you throughout your life.
 
Let me introduce myself. I am your paternal Grandfather and I am know by many names by many people, but affectionately known to you only as “Poppa Baz”
 
I was a young man (in my eyes!) when you first arrived in our lives I and was worried that due to this I might not be a very good granddad. On the day I first met you I was extremely nervous and had butterflies in my stomach!  The moment I first saw you however, and held you in my arms, all of my worries drifted away and I knew that I would love you forever and be the best granddad ever. I also cried like a baby in the airport L
 
Your Nanny Elizabeth (Queenie), Aunty Hannah (Aunty Moo) and I spent the first few weeks of your life with you and mummy and daddy and Mama Moo (Nanny Judy) in a lovely little house surrounded by woodlands in North Carolina. It was a really special time for us and we loved every minute. We were very sad to say goodbye to you and to have to come home to England without you, however we knew that we would see you really soon and started planning immediately for your arrival. 
 
While you have been growing up very quickly in Shanghai we moved into our new home in Liverpool. We are currently making it nice and cosy for you, mummy and daddy to come and stay with us for a day or two in a couple of weeks, before you travel down to the lovely little apartment that your Daddy has made nice for you all to live in in Cambridge.  
 
Poppa Baz (that’s me btw in case you forgot!) is really looking forward to his next trip to China for work, because when he finishes he gets to pick you and mummy up and bring you over to England with him…..Not in my suitcase though, as I have managed to get you and mummy some free flights and I will also look after you both as we all travel the long journey together.
 
Everyone in our family in England is really looking forward to seeing you also, as they have not met you in person yet. They have all been watching you grow up every day though, as we all put lots and lots of pictures of you on the Internet and show you off on Skype whenever we can!
 
You are extremely loved already so you have nothing to worry about when you come to England. We just need to worry about what we will do with all the gifts that will be piling up for you while you are over here. Daddy will have to buy lots more suitcases I think!
 
I am really looking forward to seeing you face to face in the next few weeks and enjoying more of our little chats and smiles and cuddles.
 
 
Your loving grandfather….Poppa Baz x x x x
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment